virus Influenza A (H1N1)
What you need to know and do if you experiece signs and symptoms of Influenza during a pandemic situation ??
Pandemic Influenza is a widespread occurrence of the influenza disease that attacks a great portion of the world's population. It occurs when a new and novel strain of the influenza virus A surfaces and most of the world's population do not have immunity.
GET TO KNOW THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF INFLUENZA
The symptoms of influenza will emerge without us knowing or realising it.
Signs and symptoms include:
• High fever of over 38 ºC
• Sore throat
• Tiredness and fatigue
• Body ache
• Severe coughing without phlegm during the early stages
ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF INFLUENZA
If you are experiencing any signs and symptoms of the influenza disease, you are advised to:
• Take fever medication such as paracetamol
• Drink a lot of water
• Get a lot of rest
• Avoid alcohol and smoking
• Stop visiting public places or gatherings to avoid spreading the disease to those around you
• Cover your nose and mouth with a mask, tissue paper or handkerchief when you cough or sneeze
• Inform the relevant authorities about your health condition
More details : pls click for flier from Ministry of Health Malaysia